Our goal at PBIRx is to provide pharmacy benefit and health care savings to our clients, but sometimes things happen that make us forget about business and turn our attention to the health and safety of our fellow Americans. Hurricane Harvey has wreaked havoc on Texas and Louisiana, and the Houston area is feeling the brunt of the effects. We work with clients throughout the United States, but to our friends and associates in the Houston area know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
This storm is catastrophic and record breaking in more ways than one and the statistics really leap off the page:
- On average, the Greater Houston Area accumulates about 49.75 inches of rainfall annually - 51.9 inches of rain has fallen thru late Tuesday afternoon
- 130 mph winds near Corpus Christi were reported when Harvey came ashore
- More than 30,000 people have fled to shelters
- An estimated $160 Billion price tag is expected – more than Hurricane Katrina
- First time in 56 years that a major hurricane made landfall in Texas
After careful research, PBIRx has made a donation to Samaritan’s Purse to provide assistance to our fellow Texans.
If you are interested in donating to Hurricane Harvey survivors, please visit Charity Navigator to do some research to ensure that YOUR donation will go to a reputable organization that will use the money as promised.
PBIRx has been exclusively providing intelligent solutions to clients in the management of pharmacy benefit costs since 1993. With a staff that includes IT personnel, actuaries, financial analysts, clinical pharmacists, attorneys, HIPAA Compliance Officers and many more experts, PBIRx’s mission is to create optimal health care outcomes while minimizing overall health care costs. For more information, please visit www.pbirx.com or call (888) 797-2479.